USPS stands for the United States Postal Service in the US. It is the largest postal service in the world and in the US. It is an individualistic agency of the US Federal Government that helps in providing mail across the US. This post will help you understand the USPS Tracking better.
As of 2015, USPS had around 617,000 working employees and over 210,000 operational vehicles. It also has the largest vehicle fleet driven by civilians in the whole world. Its services are among the best in the market and the customers have satisfactory results while working with this postal service.
Whenever you send something or are about the receive something, the USPS delivery services allow you to track your package with a tracking number they provide you. That is what we are going to see in this post.
USPS Tracking – USPS.com
When a customer uses the delivery services of USPS to deliver a parcel or any other package, they can monitor it from the start to the end. You can track the package from the start to the end. The company gives you a unique tracking number that allows you to monitor the delivery process.
When somebody places a parcel, they are assigned a USPS tracking number. The customers should keep the tracking number until the package arrives. There is this online tracking website that allows you to track the package with the help of the tracking number.
There are four methods that you can use to track your package on USPS Tracking. We will show you all the 4 in brief in this section and explain the most important ones later on.
- The first method is pretty simple and all you have to do is keep your tracking number nearby. Now, visit the official website www.usps.com and click on “Track & Manage” tab. Once there, you can enter the tracking number and monitor the progress of your delivery and also the shipment details.
- Another method is to track the package by directly using the tracking portal which you can visit from here. There too, you have to enter the tracking number and track the package easily. You can track up to 10 packages at a time in this portal.
- If the USPS server is experiencing heavy load and traffic, then you won’t be able to use the tracking portal. In that event, you can talk to a company executive by calling the toll-free number 1-800-222-1811. They will provide you accurate and instant details of your packages.
- The last method is to use the Global EMS Tracking Links System. This is useful when the mail or packages have departed from America and to check the destination and other relevant information.
So, that is all on the topic of USPS Tracking procedure. As you can see all of the processes are pretty simple and you can carry them out without any hassles. Just enter the tracking number and you are all set to go. Let us see more about the services of USPS Tracking in the next section.
There are a lot of services that the US Postal Service offers. It covers all of the United States and serves a large number of customers around the country. It aims at the delivery of any and all types of items whether they are unusual or valuable or even of no cost.
These are the services that USPS Tracking gives to the customers.
- Priority Mail Express: On top of the tracking facility, the main objective of the priority mail is to deliver packages to any part of the country overnight.
- Priority Mail: In this service, the delivery time ranges from one to three days. The tracking service is not included in this one but you can pay some additional fee if you want to avail USPS Tracking.
- First Class Mail: The delivery takes up to two to three days in first class mail service. The delivery time ordinarily depends on the size and weight of the parcel. It is usually for delivering small packages like postcards and letters.
- Standard Mail: The cheapest way to send parcels is to go for Standard mail and it is for those who can wait for up to 6 weeks to receive their parcels.
Apart from these mail services, there are some other services that the USPS offers some other services as well which are as follows.
- Signature Confirmation
- USPS tracking
- Collect on Delivery
- Certificate of Mailing
- Registered Delivery and Mail
These were the services of USPS Tracking that you can avail if you are living in the US. Now, as we are nearing the conclusion of the article, we give you a bit of info on the Tracking number.
Format of the USPS Tracking Number
Whenever a customer goes to a USPS retail store to place a parcel, they will give you a tracking number for your parcel. All the Packages inside the USA generally have the prefix “IZ” and then a set of characters consisting of letters and numbers.
After the prefix, there are a couple of figures that stand for the mode of shipment that they are going to use for its delivery. Bottom line, there are 22 different codes which give the person an idea as to what mode of shipment they are going to use for the parcel.
The USPS Tracking Number has a total of 18 characters types. The most common type of tracking numbers has a total of 20 digits. Or it can be a combination of 13 numeric and alphabetic characters. The number starts with two alphabets, then 9 digits and then the letters “US”.
This was the majority of the information on USPS Tracking Number that you need to know. We have also explained the Tracking Number format in this section.
USPS International Services
The US Postal service also provides international services to the citizens of the US. The International services cover 180 countries. So if you have someone living in any of those countries, then you can surely get a package to them in time. There are different types of international services. Let us see the different options that the customers have.
- Global Express Guaranteed: It delivers the package in 1-3 business days. It is also the fastest international service from USPS. It has affordable shipping rates and the shipping is fulfilled by FedEx. The normal rate starts at $62 online and at post offices.
- Priority Mail Express International: This method takes 3 to 5 days to deliver a package with a money-back guarantee in some countries. The costs start from $40.95.
- Priority Mail: Priority Mail is a more common form of USPS international shipping. Furthermore, the standard time period of delivery here is 6-10 business days with $23.95 as the starting rate and it varies according to the shipment type.
- First-Class Mail International: First-Class is the most affordable and common shipping method. It deals with the smaller packages like flats, envelopes, and postcards. It is also by far the cheapest method as it only costs you a dollar and quarter to send postcards to other countries.
Anyway, these were the services of USPS regarding international shipments. Besides, you can select any one you like according to your needs and the time in which you want it delivered.
USPS customer service
The US Postal Service has a presence all over the United States. That means it needs to have a good customer service to solve the queries of customers. The official website of USPS has a customer support section which has some of the FAQs for quick solutions.
If you can’t seem to find the solution to your problem there, then you can contact the customer service executive by visiting this link.
With this, we are at the conclusion of the post on USPS Tracking. In the above post, we have explained the method to track your package using the tracking number that is given to you at the time of placing the parcel. If you need help, visit USPS Trackings Help.